Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 650G Pedal Steer Conversion Manual

Loggermc ยท 2013-11-18 23:34

One of my winter jobs is to convert my 1996 JD 650G from pedal steer to lever steer. Although JD once sold a kit to accomplish this task, those no longer exist, but I can order the parts individually. JD also sold a conversion manual that explained how to make this conversion. I'm interested in knowing if anyone has access to this manual, and if so, if I can buy a copy. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Lindsey972013-11-22 00:51

    i too am interested in this, as i own a 1988 455g that could benefit from a lever conversion. the tractor makes my knees hurt after running it for a day.

  2. #2Loggermc2013-11-22 11:39

    Yes, that is why I'm interested in making the change. I also feel that I can be a bit more precise with levers than pedal - at least for what I'm using the dozer for.