I am trying to adjust the tracks on my dozer. The repair manual is for the wrong SN of dozer since the cover and grease fitting are not where the photo shows them. I removed the cover to expose the spring and can't find it there either. So, where is it hidden? Any help is appreciated since I'm pretty green.
There is a cover on the yoke remove that and it should be under that. Depending on S/N you may need a button style grease adapter. 5b
if yours is like mine the cover may be long gone and the greese zerks may be busted off, rocks tend to be hard on things
This looks like the image from my repair manual. Unless I'm completely lost and looking at the wrong place, there is nothing there. It is smooth.
I havea 650g and the grease fitting to adjust the tracks is just like Andrew shows. There should be a bolt holding down a cover plate.
Take a picture of the part where your book shows you where it should be and post it. We will see what we are looking at.
Hell, they probably put the yokes on upside down, lol.
I thought of that. No luck. would have been simple.
Here's the pic. Sorry about the dirt, it's a long drive to the car wash .
Is it upside down?
I checked. No luck.
Is there a square plug on the wide part of the yoke? If it is, then someone may have changed it from an h style to a j style. If It is remove the plug and then there should be a grease nipple behind it.
Item 7
Looks to me like AndrewC nailed it.
Yup, you can kind of see the plug in the picture.... Wonder why it took Deere a while to think of that, lol.
yup a pic is worth a thousand words...
Yes, there is. I'll check that out on Monday. Thanks for the help