Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 655B tensioner rebuild

IDecline ยท 2021-09-15 06:30

Need to rebuild the tensioners on my JD 655B. Anybody on here done this? Where did you get parts, any tips or tricks and do you know of any helpful videos I can find?

Replies5
  1. #1Vetech632021-09-15 08:39

    Like the fan belt tensioner? I'm not sure what your referring to.

  2. #2Dave Neubert2021-09-15 08:54

    I think he is talking about the track adjusters

  3. #3Vetech632021-09-15 08:57

    AHHHH! OK , that makes more sense. My brain locked up LOL

  4. #4IDecline2021-09-15 14:15

    Yes, the track adjusters, sorry

  5. #5mg23612021-09-16 04:55

    All the parts are still available from Deere. On that machine you can remove the adjuster without splitting the track, but it takes some specialized tools. I find that it is just easier to split the track and have it out of the way. At my age, I always look for easier, even if it takes a little longer .