Recently bought a 1994 690E LC. I have already done several things to it. Its operational but I have no idea what all button functions do on switch panel #2. Travel spped is very slow ( I just rebuilt rotary manifold ) and fixed the swing with a electrical 2 wire plug in harness. I have idle and fast idle only 2 of mode buttons work they change my rpms. No lights work and I dont know functions of all the buttons. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks
Welcome to HEF Cory ! Didn't the machine have an operator's manual with it? Does the previous owner still have it? Otherwise I suggest you get one.
No unfortunately he didn't have one.
Is there anybody that can offer me any ideas on where to start. I'm new to this forum and am trying to fix myself instead of paying a JD mechanic to drive out to fix and spend big bucks. Any help is appreciated. I did buy a tech manual last night be here on Monday.
Lets start with a machine serial number. First are your F1 1A and F6 10A fuses good? Check the K9 relay as well. It is behind the seat second from the right in the row (when looking towards the relays). I hope you bought the operation and test manual TM1508. That is the manual for troubleshooting and it is also the manual with all the schematics. The Repair manual TM1509 is only for tear down and assembly of components, and CTM8 or CTM104 (depending on which engine s/n you have) are the specific engine manuals because the engines are not in the other manuals.
Hope it will be useful for you. https://www.mediafire.com/file/c5me0i0kohh4hk6/JD_690E-LC_TM1508_Test_%26_Operation_Manual.pdf/file https://www.mediafire.com/file/nmzfjlgwkn88mnn/JD_690E_%28EX200-3%29_TM1509_Workshop_Manual.pdf/file
Thank you much ! This helps big time.
I will look this weekend at those fuses. And I'll get the serial num. Posted on here to see if that helps to. Thanks for the replies. I'll be back in touch
My vin # is. DW690el545156 Engine serial # is T06068T443629 The manual I ordered wasn't the exact one i needed it's the 1509. But it has a lot of things in it I'll be using. I'll look for a 1508 and get it ordered. If my pics came through my cover is horribly weathered. What location are f1 and f6 in ?
Thank you for pic and info I will be out today and look at them.