Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 690B Flow diverter operation

65SIXBANGER ยท 2016-09-22 12:10

Howdy, I am new to the forum and have a couple questions about my 690b deere. I bought it about a year ago and I built a grubber to clear mesquite trees, it does quite well I should add. Ive drained most of the fluids and replaced with new oils, even cleaned the sump screen on hydraulic reservoir and replaced many hoses. Anyways, I know there is a flow diverter on the control valve to split the two pumps' flow for equal oil to propel motors and machine functions, what I don't know is the proper way to use it. The machine can be hard to move around sometimes on slopes or turning certain directions, sometimes not. I am going to do a leak test on the rotary manifold when I get a chance but wanted to know how I should be using the flow diverter, Thanks, -Lance

Replies3
  1. #1lantraxco2016-09-22 16:25

    I've worked on the bloody things, but I always wondered that myself? Somebody must have a manual still for these old dogs....

  2. #2frodomocho12016-10-02 00:07

    Flow diverter is for when you get stuck. It allows you to move tracks and boom at the same time otherwise, when your traveling you can't move the boom so much...not much, but more with the diverter engaged. Its not much use unless your stuck in other words.... You have much problems with the hoses to the bucket getting kinked inside the dipper stick? I need to cut the pipes and mount the hoses on the side on mine. How's yours run? They are some heavy beasts eh?

  3. #365SIXBANGER2016-10-03 08:36

    I haven't had any problems with the hoses on the stick yet, Ill get pictures next time Im out there, may be a couple weeks. It sure can dig, just can be a PITA turning it sometimes, it wont turn in high speed, so Im constantly having to cycle hi/lo when I make a turn. I am clearing 250 acres that has been overgrown with mesquite trees, by pulling the trees up from the roots. Has anyone resealed the rotary manifold recently? Are parts readily available? Getting the cylinder out wont be as difficult as finding parts I imagine. -Lance