I am buying a JD 690E LC for farm use and was told that controls can be switched to manual. How is this done? I have ordered an operators manual for it. I have only run a CASE backhoe till now.
Not sure what you mean by "manual". The controls are pilot pressure hydraulic. There is a basic computer that I believe controls the engine and the pumps. There may be a switch for some sort of limp mode.
I had found this in a old Thread and was trying to understand how it would work. The 690E is one of the few excavator that have both electronic and manual controls. (if the electrons give you trouble you can switch to manual) All I saw is that you can set different speeds.
Somebody out there knows, or has an operator's manual. The 690E was a hugely popular machine in it's day, I had the pleasure of working at a Deere dealer at about that time and we had several local contractors would order them in twos and threes.
Are you talking about throttle setting?
Thanks for the reply's, I ordered a manual and will read thru it.
If memory serves me correctly there is a way to by-pass the electronic hydraulic controls in case of a failure. I was able to down load the part page that shows the slector valve for this. I have not worked on a 690E for more than ten years but I believe this valve is near the main hydraulic control valve. View attachment 690E.pdf
There should be a valve under the hood over top of swing motor area. It will full stroke the pump and full throttle the engine. Kind of a pain in the arse because it won't idle down, or be able to idle down from inside the cab. I had to use one for a few days while waiting for parts and it was annoying to start the engine, then crawl up on top to switch valve, and do the reverse before shutting off the engine.
backhoe1 is this valve you are talking about a manual valve to switch?
I see in coalrutz pdf that it is a manual valve Thanks a bunch guys, now I only have to figure out if the rotary manifold and or the swing motor are both leaking.
FYI... I got rid of my 690E LC because we couldn't keep the engine rpm's and the pump in "time" with each other. Every few months it would need to be adjusted, if they aren't adjusted right the machine could barely dig anything.
Hey I'm not sure where to post this but I just bought a JD 690 E LC It had 32 k in work done a yr ago and then sat I bought it for the cost to fix I had it moved to the site worked for about 45 min then it wouldn't even pick up the boom but if I put a little pressure on the stick swing control it'll have full power??? has anyone had this issue or know how to fix it