Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 710G – takes 15 mins warmup to use 1st gear in winter, fine in summer

Catdawg · 2023-11-26 09:11

I have a 710 G that takes 15 mins to shift into first during fall and winter (air temp 30-50F) . Reverse works instantly in any temperature. During summer (100f) it only takes maybe 2-3 minutes or works right away. When you shift to first it does not go forward, then once you leave in gear long enough, you feel a pumping / vibrating sound get louder and louder until the cab begins to vibrate just a bit then finally goes into gear and will moving forward. I always do my best to warm up but sometimes I only have 5 minutes and this is a real pain. This issue has been going on over 5 years. I have tried - draining and refilling using hygaurd New filter Inspected level of fluid it’s correct Thanks!

Replies2
  1. #1Tinkerer2023-11-26 12:17

    Have you cleaned the screen that is on the transmission output shaft ? It is inside of the transmission case.

  2. #2Catdawg2023-11-26 16:36

    Thank you, I’ll look into this. Hesitant to drop the pan until I’m pretty sure of ruling other options out, does that screen affect only Forward gears?