Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 750 CII long track

vjdoz ยท 2010-05-06 14:17

I bought a 750 several months back with 1400 hrs. on new SALT tracks, maintain 1and 3/4" sag, problem is when turning with weight toward front of track it pops, thought it was jumping on sprocket, but maybe on rollers, can't see because of rock guards. Wondering if this is normal for this machine.

Replies5
  1. #1QuickTrax2010-05-06 19:21

    Make sure your pads are not hitting your C-Frame when making turns.

  2. #2Deereman2010-05-09 13:08

    sounds like loose track chain or it needs new sprockets. May even be broke bolt in rock guard.

  3. #3vjdoz2010-05-09 22:14

    C-Frame is tight , pads not touching, thinking about switching sprocket segments to opposite sides, wondering if that might help.

  4. #4RKO2010-05-09 23:59

    750c If you want to keep the machine, Learn to live with the popping noise. Some 750C's are famous for doing it. Others run just fine. I had an LGP 750C series II with 6 way blade and it popped so bad I thought something was broke or about to break. It would almost bind up and slow down the machine before it popped. Good friend had a straight 750C series II and it done the same thing. Knew of a couple others that did it also. John Deere did not have an answer for the noise, or what to do to stop it. I had chunks missing from the sides of the rails, pads and sprockets. I trade it off fast. The LGP are the worse. I have a later 750C LGP series II and it runs fine??? Never heard of the 850's doing it.

  5. #5vjdoz2010-05-10 11:55

    Machine has 24" pads and pops maybe once in 25 turns, will investigate further. Thanks.