Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 750c lgp belt squealing again

Dan Pflip · 2021-11-25 21:59

2004 JD 750c keeps squealing the belt, what happens is if I get any dust in the engine area warm or cold or after a few hours of running the belt starts squealing. I believe it is squealing on the fan because I can hear the fan blowing slower based on rpm speed and how loud it should be. I have replaced belt, tensioner, bearings in the fan assembly and new a/c front. I have also tried belt dressing, deodorant and a couple other suggestions nothing helps. Has anyone ever had an issue like this and it was something odd? Is it possible the fan pulley could be wore? How many lbs of pressure is the tensioner suppose to apply? Any ideas help. Thanks in advance

Replies9
  1. #1LN Pipeline2021-11-25 22:26

    Do you have a small oil or coolant leak dripping on the belt? Maybe the front main seal or water pump?

  2. #2Dan Pflip2021-11-25 22:35

    No I looked all around it totally dry. I also can’t find any resistance on anything that needs to spin everything seems free warm and cold. Thanks

  3. #3DB22021-11-25 23:22

    I would suggest the fan pulley could be worn. Can you post a picture?

  4. #4Dan Pflip2021-11-26 04:24

    Yes I can may be a couple weeks before I get to it. I’ve never had a pulley go bad so I don’t know if that ever is the problem

  5. #5southernman132021-11-26 07:08

    Have u touched any of the pulleys when it starts squealing? Could have a bad bearing. It’ll be hot fosho. Turn engine off first lol

  6. #6Tinkerer2021-11-26 08:03

    OEM John Deere belt or an aftermarket brand ?

  7. #7Dan Pflip2021-11-26 15:28

    I only used John Deere parts not an aftermarket part guy spend the money right away instead of spending twice as much a month later

  8. #8Dan Pflip2021-11-26 15:30

    No bearings seem to be abnormally hot

  9. #9muzy2021-11-26 15:54

    Could your rad be a bit plugged? Nice to start with basics, could be a symptom and not a cause. Muzy