On an old JD tractor we had it was common to lose the intercooler, is that an issue on the 892E? I haven’t noticed water in the oil (but it is a little over full, and thought when I changed it, it was right at full), no water/antifreeze drains off of the bottom of the pan and there is no oil in the water. The radiator has been low and I am not sure where the water has went, checking the hose to the burp tank and the burp tank itself. But this got thinking about the intercooler and at 12,xxx hours wondered if that was a thing I should consider doing like we learned on the tractor should be done at 8k hrs. Engine S/N: *RG6076A558048* 6076AT030. Thanks, Jon
Those coolers have been real reliable on the 892's. They don't see as much of a load cycle as an AG tractor. If in doubt you could pressure test it, which obviously involves removing it. Make something up to cap one port and pressurize the other port to 20-25 psi with the cooler submerged in a tank of water (hot water if possible) and see if it leaks.
If it’s a 466 jd engine had mine crack the head and pull down the rad level. No notice of water in oil or change in exhaust smoke. Would drink a gallon a day working. John