Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 892E LC Injection pump

johnnyboy ยท 2013-12-27 15:27

Any info on removing injection pump from this machine, what it takes to line back up? I afraid of getting it out of time and don't have a manual for this machine. The machine has a miss and when I crack open injection line at plunger on pump I see hardly any fuel at idle and doesn't affect how it runs so I would think thats a problem. It had broke a plunger stud on pump and pushed plunger out of pump but was still held down by line, so I got that fixed and now it misses. Any help please

Replies4
  1. #1thepumpguysc2013-12-27 15:37

    On that pump you'll notice the barrel is slotted..where the stud comes thru.. it probably slipped.. thats how you set "equal delivery" on each cylinder..if you remove a nut and washer from another cylinder, look at the "centering" of the barrel to the stud and try to set up your skipping cylinder like the other one. If you can get a picture and/or some #'s off the pump, I might be able to help w/removal.

  2. #2johnnyboy2013-12-27 16:57

    Thank You pump guy for the info, I wasn't aware that where they we're in the bore made a difference. I had it right out so would it matter if I put it back in 180 out? Also it is not spraying fuel on more than one plunger and never touched any other ones.

  3. #3thepumpguysc2013-12-27 23:10

    Yes, it does matter if its 180* out.. BUT if it was 180* out.. it would pump fuel when you shut it off.. and not pump when its in full load or idle..

  4. #4johnnyboy2014-01-23 07:10

    Thanks pumpguy you were right and this machine runs better now than it has in along time.