Autotrac did its job, it kept the tractor going straight. It didn't know there was a river it its way. Driver wasn't hurt, just now unemployed. Unbolted the hitch and slowly pulled the planter back. We picked the front of it up with the tow truck to keep anything from getting bent. They owner used a forklift and backhoe as brakes if you will to slowly let the planter roll forward. Once it was out of the way, they dug a ramp out for use to pull the tractor up. No damage. Total time, 5 hrs. Dt
Bet that was a rude awakening.....
oops! Begged my grandfather for two years to let me run the planter, finally turned me loose in a 250 acre field late one afternoon with the planter. Only one tree in the whole field, he warns me not to get locked in watching the GPS row marker and hit the tree, well, guess what, I did. I was fired also.
I tried to talk them into sealing the saddle tanks and seeing if it would float down to the boat ramp. The didn't see the humor in it.
how have you got them saddle tanks supported at the back? Is that the free-wheeling hub design right on to the bar axle like i saw on Ag-Talk a few years ago?
....and good job no crocs in the river
Demco Side Quest tanks. Yes, they do mount to the rear hub. Dt
I can't help myself. I have to say this. "Some people would rather fish than work."
I'm amazed there was damage to anything. You would think the hitch would have got tweaked at that angle.
No damage. The hitch was in a bind though. They wanted to try unbolting the top of it first, before cutting it apart. After folding the wings up(by using a 2nd tractor and long hydraulic hoses), the tow truck taking pressure off of the hitch and was able to separate the two. It was a steep drop, but not truly vertical, so that helped. Dt
I wonder if texting had a hand in that?? Mike
Sleep. The tractor was in Autosteer, so the operator was just sitting there. It was a long field, so he wasn't turning around often. Add in the drone of the engine...
Time to go back to open station tractor & planter markers .
HA! You think I can't fall asleep on that? I'll show you! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Yeah Eric , what was I thinking ? You need the John Deere Equine-Track setup . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z-zfCJ-NCU&nohtml5=False