Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD ct332

Brandon327 ยท 2013-02-21 12:18

Looking at a used one. Is this a good model? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Replies6
  1. #1Bobcatdan2013-02-21 18:50

    I personal like Deer skidsteers and am almost always laughed at. To me, other then issues with the engine unit injector pumps, over all little ever seemed to go wrong with them. I worked for a Deere dealer 5 years ago. That said, most skidsteers felt like junk by the time they had 1500 hours. It wasn't until I went to a bobcat dealer and see machines everyday with 5000+ hrs on them that I begin to question the Deere overall quality. I have S220's on farms with over 20,000 hrs on them with orignal engines, pumps and drive motors.

  2. #2Brandon3272013-02-21 22:47

    So what you are saying is get a bobcat. That is what I have been leaning towards. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  3. #3Canuck Digger2013-02-21 23:23

    Bobcat (wheel) yes, however, their "smaller" track machines such as T190 are not the greatest. In the CTL world, I think most in the know how would take the JD over the Bobcat. We'll find out soon......

  4. #4Digdeep2013-02-22 08:09

    I think most in the "know how" are taking Bobcat or CAT since both of them have significantly higher market shares compared to Deere. I would say that the rigid undercarriage accelerates wear and reliability concerns in any machine as their hours climb.

  5. #5Brandon3272013-02-22 08:41

    I have looked at some cat machines but the Asv undercarriage has made me shy away after reading about the cost to repair it and it seems like it needs repairs often.

  6. #6Digdeep2013-02-22 12:54

    CAT also makes a CTL that does not use the ASV undercarriage but has a suspension.