Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD CT332 Seat safety switch issues.

Brush cutter ยท 2024-03-06 14:32

Hi, I have a ct332 that won't stay running. I get in, close the door, put the seat belt on and the seat and seat belt lights go off. I wait for the glow plug light goes off and I turn the key and it starts right up. Within 3 seconds, the seat light comes back on and shuts the machine down. I have to do the sequence again by unlocking and locking the seat belt in order for the seat light to go out. Once again, same thing. Looking for any ideas. Thanks Brush cutter

Replies2
  1. #1Arny L2024-03-06 23:20

    I think there is a seat occupant switch under seat, I remember from a previous post.

  2. #2mg23612024-03-07 06:00

    Make sure your auxiliary control is not partially or fully engaged. There is a switch on that circuit that will shut down the engine in 3 seconds. It could also be a failed switch (failed in the open position) that could cause this. You can view that switch in the monitor. Press and hold the menu button until "DIAG" appears in the screen. When "DIAG" appears press select button. Go to item #8 Valve Spool. If it says OFF, then the machine will shut down.