Looking at forestry doors and bought one that is curved like the OE door. Got it mounted up and drove around the yard and noticed my eyes trying to keep focus to the point Im getting half nauseous. So seeing this in the auto world, the window has distortions in it. Company sent another, same thing basically. Anyone run into this? I dont want to be a pita customer but I cant use the 1k dollar window without getting sick, its not happening. I see some doors are framed and the poly is just flat, maybe to get around this issue? Any ideas?
I have bought Lexan doors from Race Shield before. I have had three of them. One was .5 inches thick the other two thinner versions. Never had a distortion issue.
Tinted ones? Sounds like its more to do with the rather than just clear.
I am running one on my T770 that I got from Diamond Mowers. No distortion issues. Just the normal scratches from things hitting it. I do not have a wiper installed. I think that it is coming up on 6 years old. Skid Steer Safety Polycarbonate Upgrade your skid steer with high-strength safety polycarbonate. Clear visibility and superior impact resistance for forestry, mulching, and construction work. Shop now! shop.diamondmowers.com
Just another way of going about this: I bought a piece of 1/2" lexan from a sign shop and made a metal frame for the edges out of flat stock. My bobcat factory door was curved, but the way my cab frame was, I could do a flat sheet and then a small kickout at the top. It came out surprisingly nice and only cost about $150.
So update, they sent a clear one to me and while I still noticed some distortion it wasnt as bad and not noticeable while working. They know they have more issues with the tinted impregnated windows, just the world were in i guess.