I got a 2020 Hitachi zaxis 310-6 log loader that just turned 5,334 hours today and it lost an engine. They have a 5,000 hour warranty on them. Does anybody know if the factory will do a policy coverage on those or if they have since it's so close to the warranty? The new engine is 65,000!
If you have good engine oil sample results from every required service you might stand a chance. I expect there will be heavy customer participation in the warranty policy process , likely a minimum of 33% . What happened to the engine ?
I hated when those claims came in. I've not known your dealer to be overly generous on that. A lot will depend on the reason for the failure.
YIKES!!! Are the castings made of gold?
It grenaded like it was 4th of July with 5,334 hours on it. Every service has been performed on time and always using factory filters. I'm pretty sure they will lean my way with it as they don't want the bad press if they don't. As a couple other large contractors put it, I have far too large of voice in this industry for them to ignore it
Not sure because this is only a factory reman for $65,000!
Meltdown at less than 5500 hr sets off alarms in my head. It should have got another 10,000 hr or more before blowing up. I am thinking factory defect of some sort.
Main thing-I've said this before many times is tracking all services or repairs with owners own work orders, sampling only goes so far. Many times I've gotten warranty on engines/transmissions just over the edge on warranty strictly because all service/repairs were well documented.
I wish you good luck. Weyerhaeuser can make a lot of noise also. It never made much difference. Most of it will depend on your salesman. Do your best to make him uncomfortable.
It could be interesting since the Deere/Hitachi split. From what I understand Pape is not really the Hitachi dealer anymore but there have been no replacements either? I know that I dealt with a Deere warranty issue awhile back and they have tightened up dramatically on what they will or will not cover. It was basically splitting straws, anything they could do to try and get out of it.
Oh, they know full well that there will be a full Must Be Nice series dedicated to Pape, JDF & Hitachi if they do not help out.