Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD Tram Beeper

jlittle2212 ยท 2015-01-10 18:35

Anyone know the wiring for the 230LC travel alarm or tram beeper as some may call it? I have two wires hot, white with black stripe and white and red. Beeper will not sound when tramming. Brand new alarm. 4 wire setup...

Replies19
  1. #1GregD12015-01-10 20:08

    It is a make ground circuit and don`t forget about the cancel alarm switch in the left armrest I think.

  2. #2jlittle22122015-01-10 21:56

    Any ideas on what this hooks to?

  3. #3jlittle22122015-01-11 00:02

    I am guessing this hooks to the propel/travel pressure switch on the control valve. If so, mine is broke off. I just want to make sure I am correct on this. Can someone verify this for me?

  4. #47072015-01-11 01:02

    What hooks up where ?

  5. #57072015-01-11 01:16

    the pressure switch is located on the pilot manifold. it is the lower one.

  6. #6jlittle22122015-01-11 05:19

    Any idea on the colors on the tram alarm wiring? My plug has been cut off and wiring hacked up. Where is the pilot manifold located just to make sure we are on the same page here?

  7. #7jlittle22122015-01-11 13:26

    I am guessing the travel pressure switch (01) is connected to the tram alarm?

  8. #87072015-01-11 17:51

    does your diagram list it as a pressure switch? your pilot manifold is a basically a box where all your pilot lines from your joystick converge. it should be mounted underneath the panel in behind the boom. it is mounted toward the cab. it has two sensors i believe. one is your swing pressure and one is your propel pressure sensor.

  9. #9jlittle22122015-01-11 18:07

    That is it 707. How do I need to hook up the tram alarm? I have a red, yellow, white and black on the beeper. Plug is cut off the factory harness. Two wires are hot on factory harness.

  10. #107072015-01-11 18:28

    white/yellow is suppose to be hot all the time. main power feed connects to white/red red is power feed from your PVC which is suppose to be hot when you stroke your travel. connects to red yellow black is chassis ground green/black shot up into the cab to a cancel switch

  11. #11jlittle22122015-01-11 18:45

    PVC being my Propel pressure switch? white/red meaning white or red?

  12. #127072015-01-11 18:49

    pump valve controller(computer) which is fed by the pressure switch/sensor

  13. #137072015-01-11 18:51

    White/red is usually one wire with a tracer

  14. #14jlittle22122015-01-11 18:52

    Okay. It doesn't appear that this machine has a cancel switch. It has been removed. Will that be a problem?

  15. #157072015-01-11 19:00

    I dont think so. You still have a ground(black wire). The cancel switch is also a switched ground.

  16. #16jlittle22122015-01-11 19:07

    You are awesome! So my two hot wires coming out of the harness go to the RED and YELLOW on my beeper? Black goes to BLACK? So my beeper doesn't have to be grounded by bolts? The old one was zip tied down.

  17. #177072015-01-11 19:23

    It should work

  18. #18jlittle22122015-01-11 19:30

    I am going to order the pressure switch in the morning. Hopefully, they have it in stock. The end is broke off the switch. How exactly does that setup work? You end up with three hot when the pressure switch is activated?

  19. #19jlittle22122015-01-13 18:24

    Now, got the switch, wired it up and the only way it will beep is if you stick a test light to one of the two studs on the back of the beeper not when tramming, all the time. I still have power on two wires after changing the pressure switch with tram pushed or released. Any input? I have a black, white with red stripe, white with black stripe and another white with red dot on the factory harness. The white/red wire has power and the white/black has power on them. Should I have power coming into the pressure switch when tramming?