Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD410 hyd.pressure makes for hard starting

Jpig · 2018-08-25 22:44

When I try starting my backhoe it acts like it has a low battery. If I try starting it while pushing on one of the stabilizers it turns over very fast and starts up? What’s going on?

Replies6
  1. #1Delmer2018-08-25 23:47

    Check if there's a destroke solenoid on the hydraulic pump, it will be the only thing with wires. That might have gotten disconnected somewhere, or burned out the coil, or it might be a model that didn't come with one.

  2. #2repowerguy2018-08-26 08:17

    Kinda a common issue with Deere’s closed center hydraulic system, especially on a hot restart like when you kill the engine. On my 310, I turn the steering wheel when I crank the engine over on a restart, it does the trick.

  3. #3Jpig2018-08-26 08:42

    Thanks guys. If I can’t fix it at least I can work around it.

  4. #4AzIron2018-08-26 09:32

    There is really nothing to fix to my knowledge I have personally used the steering wheel trick on a few old backhoe and a lot of old tractors

  5. #5Delmer2018-08-26 10:12

    My understanding is some had a destroke solenoid, some had a manual screw in destroke valve, and maybe some didn't have any way of destroking the pump? It may be possible to retrofit a destroke solenoid if you want, but if you don't have one, then operating the steering while cranking works too.

  6. #6Jpig2018-08-26 15:56

    Thanks again guys. Started it this morning same scenario but that’s ok.