So I have an early 70s jd 450 dozer that I need to rebuild the steering clutches on. I read on the forum that the way to identify the king track pin is to find the one with the dimple. I also read in my manual to find the one with the clip ring. I’ve not been able to find a clip ring and every pin on my machine has a dimple in the center. Am I overlooking the c clip ring or is every pin removable?
Probably won't have the original tracks on . Best way if its a driven pin is to check between the links for a gap . Each bush protrudes into the outside link apart from the master one , there is a gap or an edge of a washer to be seen . Check the links when you have them on the sprocket or the front idler