Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD450A Trackhoe.

JD450A ยท 2011-01-05 16:24

http://s1107.photobucket.com/albums/h394/JD450A/?action=view&current=Jd450WA.jpg A mate took this photo of my Jd450A trackloader a week or so ago when it was all white in the UK (and america so I'm led to beleive) I thought some of you guys might be intrested in it, as they seem to be a rarity in the UK. It's a Lever steer machine and seems to start better than most 450A's so I've been told. I'm wondering if a replacement engine was fitted before it was brought by my grandfather (at least 30 years ago). This is without a doubt the machine that got me interested in Plant. And I would rather have a Crawler Loader over anything else. I was lucky enough to of been given this machine from my grandfather, and It's earned it's keep. It's Built farmtracks, Loaded stonecrushers and Dug out yards. And that's in my lifetime. Before me it was my grandfather's and His Brother who ran it alongside another (pedal steer) 450A In Plant Hire, That machine still exists. Parked in the yard as it was left for the winter rather along time ago. P.S - I Have a JD450 type Ripper that we rediscovered in the bushes. Unfortunatly However it was dropped off in a hurry and never had the rams closed up. Any suggestions for rams that would fit it and are readily avaliable. As I don't really want to modify it unless I have to.

Replies1
  1. #1JD450A2011-01-05 16:28

    Forgot to post the Picture sorry: