I have a 450C, serial 338653. I need a used track chain for one side. My other side needs turning. Anyone know where I might find a track shop near Huntsville AL? Also need used grill AT27687. Mine was great till I took it off one day, moved the dozer and you guessed it, there was an accident. Also, has anyone here had experience converting the alternator to a GM standard unit. I converted mine to the 3 wire type and it works wonderfully but I need to shorten the belt so I can get the side cover back on. It looks like the alternator will tuck up closer so the cover will go on but I'll need a shorter belt. Any experience out there on this? Thanks
Welcome to HeavyEquipmentForums I think I can help with your belt question. If the belt is a standard V type, then position the alternator where you want it to be. Then thread a piece of 3/8" rope around the pulleys and cut or mark it where the ends butt. Take this to a well stocked auto parts store and they can give you the right belt.