Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jd555b

Taylortractornu ยท 2012-02-09 19:41

Can anyone tell me about a JD555B. We run a 38 acre private rubbish landfill. We have 2 JD 762 scrapers for hauling cover road materials but they are laid up in the winter as we have a clay sand mix that wont dry out in the winter enough to run them in. We have a special 20 yard container with a poly yliner for hauling sand and dirt and gravel. We have to cover every 14 days I have my old 3550 forl Loader back hoe down there for doing maintenance and have been loading cover material with it Its only got a 5/8th yard bucket and is pretty slow. We were looking at an excavator but they are out of the budget this year. I do have a friend that bought a JD 555B that he bought from a JD service man. Its a tight machine and I ve been around it a good while. He is asking 10,000 for it. Im going to try it out, but Im not too familiar with JD loaders. Its got 90 percent under carriage left on it. I think my friend used it about 3 months on his project. Id like to know a few things about them, weight, lift height, yardage, and what problems they may have. I heard Deere doesnt support many of the older loaders anymore either. It wont be used every day or hard at that. Also the owners son has us on the list for doin a few jobs on his ranch this summer so an extra machine wouldnt hurt.

Replies1
  1. #1overworked2012-03-28 22:20

    i rebuilt a trans / torque converter about a year ago in one and most parts arnt available from deere anymore, repair bill was around 10k if my memory servs me correct, someone previosly installed the trans pick up screen in wrong, wiped out pump,ect. good luck.