Hi All, I am hoping for some help trouble shooting my JD excavator. Excavator is new to me. It was working properly. I was on a moderate slope when I shut it down and when I went back to use it, it was acting like the arm rest lever was still up. Started fine, but none of the hydraulics will work. The voltage going into the switch is: red 11 and orange: 4.8… I thought the 4.8 was odd. 5A Fuse tested good. I don’t know if this would work, but I tried to bypass the switch by cutting the wire and hardwiring black to red or black to orange, but this didn’t work. I am starting to think there is an actual issue with the bypass it self and not an electric issue like I had hoped. Any thought are appreciated.
Welcome to HEF Wishfulfarmer ! That is actually 2 switches in one. Voltage is supplied by the monitor to the safety lever switches. Voltage passes through the switches (I can't recall if it is with the lever up or down), then to ground. So in one position, the red wire to the switches should have 12 volts and zero volts in the other position. If either of those switches are defective, it should have a code. Press and hold the upper right button and key on to enter service mode. Highlight troubleshooting menu and press select. Scroll to the controller that showed it has codes to highlight it, then press select to retrieve the codes. Safety lever switch would be in the Monitor Controller.