Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jeff’s New Ride

Squizzy246B ยท 2007-07-17 00:02

OK, I have no idea on this beasty. I'm thinking the power steering must have been something else

Replies45
  1. #1Jeff D.2007-07-17 00:05

    FARMALL!! I'm guessing that because the inside of the radiator shroud looks just like on my 300. Fuel tank looks fairly similiar too.

  2. #2Squizzy246B2007-07-17 00:10

    Is a Farmall an International?? I didn't go for a close look of this machine.

  3. #3Jeff D.2007-07-17 00:20

    Well...........yes, kinda. They were the farming division of International atleast.

  4. #4Orchard Ex2007-07-17 09:40

    Looks a lot like the O-6 orchard model that's "resting" nearby. If I get a chance I'll get a pic for comparison.

  5. #5atgreene2007-07-17 19:29

    My first thought was it looks Farmall/Int in a Industrial version, but now I'm thinking Case. Check this out, I think it's similar. May be an earlier version, espicially due to the front end. All three were part of one company or the other way back when. http://www.tractorshed.com/cgi-bin/...lay_db_button=on&db_id=180831&query=retrieval

  6. #6King of Obsolete2007-07-18 08:28

    there was on on ebay this spring and boys were talking about it on red power. thansk

  7. #7Orchard Ex2007-07-18 20:36

    Here's that O6 for comparison:

  8. #8Jeff D.2007-07-18 21:43

    Orchard, I think that's the closest one yet. Did you say that O-6 is a Farmall then, or something else? I'm not familiar with that model #.:beatsme

  9. #9Countryboy2007-07-18 21:48

    I'm thinking that they are the same too. The original one that was posted looks to have a heavier front axle, probably due to the crane attachment. If not the same model, then the same manufacturer judging by the seating area. Good find Orchard. :thumbsup

  10. #10Jeff D.2007-07-18 22:17

    I had a '39 H Farmall that had that same seat and seat suspension on it too. Squizzy didn't tell us for sure what it was yet did he?

  11. #11Countryboy2007-07-18 22:24

    He's just gonna make us keep guessing until we start to second guess our guesses. The he will come in and be like "Ha, yall were wrong, its such-n-such tractor", completely crushing all our hopes and dreams of actually getting it right. Might be exaggerating a tad......but it'll be something along those lines.

  12. #12King of Obsolete2007-07-18 22:26

    ok, i'm borrowing a picture and heading to redpower because i think this crane thing might have a little history maybe since it is in the land of OZ. be right back and will return the picture, LOL thansk

  13. #13King of Obsolete2007-07-18 22:33

    ok i brought the picture back and hung it on the wall where i found it, LOL here is the link to the thread on redpower http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30038 knowledge is power and the computer and the internet make the world a small place. LOL thansk

  14. #14Jeff D.2007-07-18 22:44

    Thanks KoO, who needs Squizzy anyways?! I can feel my head getting bigger already from the new knowledge, and I haven't even got it yet.:notworthy There'll be someone called "bloke" in the story too, for sure.:cool2

  15. #15Countryboy2007-07-18 22:46

    Crikey, you're probably right. :laugh

  16. #16King of Obsolete2007-07-18 22:57

    we need squizzy, his morning is our evening time, so if this is how is is with a couple cups of coffee to wake up and we are replying drinking beverage to relaxe and cool down. oh the world is a small place, LOL thansk

  17. #17Squizzy246B2007-07-18 23:26

    I go out for a few hours and look what happens:lmao The King will be pleased to know its rainin down under and I'm wet through...apparently there is thing called a rain coat...but I haven't seen one for years I honestly haven't had a good look at that Tractor to see if I could identify it. These machines are only a few miles away so I'll have another look in the next day or two. However, given the strong Italian farming settlement that was in this area (until it became a suburb) I wouldn't be surprised if it has some European origin. When I looked up Ansaldo I found a very similar looking tractor.

  18. #18Jeff D.2007-07-18 23:41

    Ohh, I see how it is now! When it's "Deas new ride" and "Grader4me's new ride" you make sure to get the info, but when it's "Jeff's new ride" it's........................." Ready to go kids? Mom will have supper ready soon. " What am I chopped liver??:beatsme

  19. #19surfer-joe2007-07-18 23:43

    It surely does resemble an International, squizzy. About the only difference I ever noted between Farmall's and International's, beside the decals, was that the Farmall's had a tri-cycle front end, whereas the International's had a wide front axle. Beyond that they were mostly identical. I'm sure there were some other differences, maybe like a GMC and a Chev pickup or SUV today.

  20. #20King of Obsolete2007-07-18 23:51

    it is an IH and it has a heavy duty front axle, will get the links when they come in. i don't say anything unless i'm 5% sure of what i'm talking about, LOL thansk

  21. #21Squizzy246B2007-07-19 00:09

    Lol..Sorry Jeff....but there was no clear Decal or anything and I was trying to prevent Junior from climbing out to inspect the hook. I'll try and do better next time Either that or I'll just use my Super Moderator Powers to mess with your post

  22. #22Jeff D.2007-07-19 00:37

    Well, ok then, I'll let it slide. I'm like the rest of the guys and am confident it's some kind of IH. But which model...................:beatsme

  23. #23LowBoy2007-07-19 02:00

    I don't want to get any posts squashed by a Super Moderator here, so I'll tread lightly.:cool2 It looked like a Farmall to me at first glance by the tin, and judging by that jib out over the front end, the owner was such an eccentric engineer, that he compensated for the extra tonnage added to the poor old gal be changing over to a wide/heavier front end? I'm just imagining myself in the operator's cockpit of that piece, hooked onto something getting ready for a lift with the original tricycle front end, and next scene is me climbing out from underneath the wreckage once I'd have applied some upforce...:dizzy Does this qualify as a "bloak" post?

  24. #24Orchard Ex2007-07-19 09:06

    The one in my pic is an International. No idea what year, the dataplate was unreadable. Everybody on the farm called it "the O6" so I'm assuming that is the right model number. From the back (thanks for parking 'em side by side CB!) the seat, the hood mounted gages and the (ammeter?) and switch mounted on the steering column were what I remembered about the O6. The air intake is a little different, the orchard models just have a bump on the hood, open in back, so that the limbs don't hang up on it. You might be able to tell from the pic that it's last job was running a belt pulley powered saw, still mounted to the front.

  25. #25Orchard Ex2007-07-19 21:20

    So if ( I mean when ) I win do I get a chicken wraped in a HEF T-shirt or something? or was it a chicken wearing a HEF shirt? chicken-fried HEF shirt?:beatsme

  26. #26Jeff D.2007-07-19 21:30

    I'll send you the leftover chicken bones from my $10,000 Aussie chicken "dinner" glued to a piece of paper to form the letters "H", "E", & "F", if you want?!

  27. #27Squizzy246B2007-07-19 21:43

    Ten Thousand Dollar Chicken = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Bustard also Bush Chook (Colloquial) = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu Now back to the tractor

  28. #28surfer-joe2007-07-19 21:49

    Hey squizzy, if I win, just send me a coupon for some KFC. I already got the tee-shirt.

  29. #29Wulf2007-07-19 22:01

    you little bewdy Which one Joe... http://www.t-world.com.au/index2.html

  30. #30Jeff D.2007-07-19 22:02

    I'm with Joe on the KFC coupon thing too, Squizzy. I looked over your sales brocheres there on those $10000 chickens, and they really don't look all that tasty, plus I didn't read in there anywhere that they go for 10grand. Your not trying to pawn off cheap prizes on us, are ya?:cool2 Yeah, but were waiting on you for the lowdown.:beatsme

  31. #31Orchard Ex2007-07-19 22:19

    Nah, I had an ex-girlfriend that sent that kind of stuff once... Spelled something different though... I had to double check the spelling of that bird. Though it may have been somebody else. (nobody on here though and certainly not a fine bloke like Squizzy who happens to be judging this contest ) Jeff, maybe the high cost is in the shipping to the states. Must be FedEx'd in dry ice or somethin'. Maybe it has it's own jet... I still need the shirt, times are getting tough in the orchard

  32. #32Jeff D.2007-07-19 22:27

    I hear ya my brutha from anutha mutha, my assortment of shirts without holes is getting kinda thin too, plus I've a drawer full of certain "articles" of clothes with the waistbands barely hanging on anymore. Maybe Squizzy's waiting for us to form our answer's as a question like on that one show. Ans: "What is a Farmall O-6, Alex?":beatsme

  33. #33Squizzy246B2007-07-19 22:47

    :lmao :lmao :lmao :deadhorse There's...ummm...No chance of this getting back on topic is there? I haven't been back to look at the tractor yet Jeff...its been raining and I have been sick as a brown dog all week...truck hasn't turned a wheel.

  34. #34Countryboy2007-07-20 00:04

    How you gonna give him the bones when its my chicken. I said I would give you a drumstick, which happens to be worth 2 grand. :cool2 If thats the bird I'm getting though, it looks like your getting gyped on the drum stick cause that things got some scrawny little legs. It's probably a $10,000 fine if your shoot one of them jokers. :beatsme :laugh

  35. #35Jeff D.2007-07-20 00:39

    :nono This is from the transcript's of the contest in question: Then you said to me: And I responded to you: As I mentioned, I'm perfectly happy to take a $10K t-shirt, but will not release my claim to the chicken in question until the t-shirt is provided. -OR- We can have Digger "King Solomon" 242j hear this case. Perhaps he would have us saw the chicken in two, to determine who is the rightful owner.:cool2

  36. #36Countryboy2007-07-20 00:45

    Even if that DID happen, I would pull rank so I could pick which end I got. I hate to tell ya but you would still be ending up with the drum sticks and a couple tail feathers. :cool2

  37. #37Jeff D.2007-07-20 00:51

    Sadly CB, that's the story of my life!:crying :laugh

  38. #38Countryboy2007-07-20 01:01

    Aw man, I was just pullin your leg (pun intended) ........I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers (pun intended there too) . :lmao If it makes ya feel any better, last weekend my little 10 yr. old nephew called me "the substanse that comes outta the tail feathers" because I jumped off the 4wheeler after I ran into a spider web. I called him the same thing when he cried while he was getting a whoopin by his mom for sayin a naughty word.......yup I told on him. :cool2

  39. #39Squizzy246B2007-07-20 01:39

    I'd have to call Fowl Play there

  40. #40buckchills2007-12-07 17:49

    I need that! Tanks for posting those-gives me a great idea.

  41. #41OneWelder2007-12-08 13:17

    How about this WD-9 International

  42. #42johnj7l2007-12-08 19:21

    Good old tractor! Nice for its age!

  43. #43Jeff D.2007-12-08 23:33

    That looks like it's fairly close to what Squizzy posted, but your pic's are kinda small, hard to tell. When a neighbor down the road bought their place it had an old WD9 on the property way back in the woods. Apparently it's rear end locked up and it was just left for dead. Well, my neighbor knew I had a tractor and asked me if I could pull it outta the woods so they could put it in their front yard, paint it up, and have it as a lawn decoration. I said sure, not yet knowing bout the locked up rear end. This was before I had a dozer, and only had a 300 Farmall. I put the 3 point arms under the rear end, and was able to just barely lift the WD9's rear off the ground, but had the 300's nose in the air all the way outta the woods. Steered with the brakes, and it took the good part of the day to get it out. Dang neighbors and their favor's. Them WD9's must be kinda weighty?? A question for Steve. Have you ever thought of adding a section for Ag equipment(tractors etc.) here at HEF, for those who have farm tractors in their equipment mix? Or should we just post them in where ever they seem to fit in, as has been done so far??

  44. #44Steve Frazier2007-12-09 00:02

    I never considered ag tractors would be a popular topic, but not only are they often owned by excavators (many farmers become excavators), but also they are used increasingly in earth moving pulling pan trains. Are you guys interested an Ag Equipment Forum?

  45. #45Orchard Ex2007-12-09 10:13

    I'd be interested in an Ag section here in the HEF. I like seeing the old stuff as well as all the new gee wiz things that we never even thought of having on the old farm.