Hi everybody, I bought a 1835B for use around the house. This forum was really valuable in helping me decide which class of machine to go for within my budget. The machine operates and drives really well, but when I got it home and used it on the driveway, I noticed the following problem: Occasionally, especially when going uphill with the bucket scraping at very slow forward speeds, upon encountering a bump the jarring action causes the controls to back off momentarily, then come back on suddenly, then begin to oscillate which causes the loader to buck violently fore and aft. It's pretty disconcerting. Last time I let go of the controls and it settled down. I was reaching for the kill switch when it settled down. By driving it extremely carefully and sensitively, I am able to keep it driving fairly smoothly, but I don't want to trust anyone else to drive it with this condition. The machine creeps slightly, which tells me the control linkage is out of adjustment. My understanding is that this bucking can be caused by loose control linkage or worn out control shock absorbers. I purchased a service manual for the machine and while it shows the linkage very clearly, it doesn't describe any testing procedures for these components. Can you guys suggest a way for me to diagnose this overly-sensitive control / oscillating control issue? Also, the service manual says I should "remove the pins that lock to the frame" and then raise the lift arms and reinstall the pins. I'm probably getting the wording wrong as this is from memory. I can't find any other reference to this and I have no idea what they're telling me to do. My impression is that there is a way to lock up the loader arms or possibly the cab. Is this right? Can someone explain this to me in more detail? Thanks in advance! Jim
Sounds like safety/support pins for the lift arms to prevent the bucket from cracking you on the head during service of the machine.
For the creeping issue place unit on good jack stands rated for the weight of the machine start engine and release brake. Isolate which side is creeping then adjust the linkages until you receive no wheel creep the hydraulic controls are very similar in operation check your cab lift piviot pins in the front of the unit all that holds the cab when you lift it and its pivoting is a bar and two c-clips i've seen the clips fall off then this allows the cab to float enough to affect your controls seeing as its a mechanical linkage any misalignment will affect the controls. This is the first thing i would check make sure the cab piviot pin is in place and that the cab is secure.