Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG 1930ES Pothole Protection Reading Reversed

Ohio Lensman ยท 2015-12-16 19:31

My 2004 JLG 1930ES has a "DRIVE PREVENTED-POTHOLE NOT ENGAGED" HELP message and "POTHOLE PROTECTION FAULTY" SYSTEM message. When the platform is down I'm getting "LT PHP DOWN" (it's up) and "RT PHP UP"(where it is, and should be). When I raise the platform I get "LT PHP UP" the opposite of where it actually is. (The right PH switch is where it should be.) If I manually operate the left PH switch nothing happens;but, if, when the platform is elevated, I put a piece of metal on the Elevation Proximity Switch the reading changes to "LT PHP DOWN". I've adjusted and tested the PHP switches with a multi-meter and they are both working; but I'm always getting a false reading as to the position of the left PH switch . Any ideas as to what the solution to this might be?

Replies5
  1. #1DirectTech2015-12-16 20:05

    Did you recently replace one or both of the switches, if you have then it could be wired incorrectly, I had run into that before.

  2. #2Ohio Lensman2015-12-16 23:06

    I did replace the wire leads on the left PH switch. I don't think I switched the wires;but, even if I did, I don't think switching the wires would have any effect going into a simple N/C switch. I will check my connections and try switching the wires.

  3. #3DirectTech2015-12-17 19:58

    Here is some info for you I hope that it may help you,

  4. #4Ohio Lensman2015-12-18 15:38

    I double checked the manual, my wire connections and reinstalled the LPH switch per manual instructions. I'm still getting "POTHOLE PROTECTION STATE FAULTY" reading and the LPH is reading reverse of where it actually is.

  5. #5Tom282024-02-22 14:52

    I had the same issue 7 years later! Thank you Ohio! Ohio Lensman figured it out. Under machine setup the ELEV.PROX. INSTALLED: was set to "0-NO". Once I changed this to "1-YES" everything went back to normal.