Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG 1932E2 Scissors Lift

MDH51 ยท 2025-07-30 22:35

My church has a JLG 1932E2 scissors lift that is given us a problem. Saturday a parishioner who works on construction equipment came to look at it to search for a hydraulic fluid leak. It was driven out of a small garage and driven about 10 to 20 feet in the parking lot. He found a minor leak at the platform piston which we will not get fixed. He added some fluid as the reservoir was at the add mark. When he went to put it back into the garage it would not go forward or backward. No sound at all. The wheels would turn and the platform would go up and down. Today I discovered that if I raise the platform it would then go forwards and backwards. But when the platform is almost all the way down, no going forward or backward. I did notice on one of the circuit boards in the operator control box there are several LEDs. There are two that are on labeled Tilt and PNP. Other than raising and lowering the platform many times and wiping the oil from around the piston and tightening a hose at the piston that was it. Any suggestions as to what is causing our problem and the fix? What does "PNP" stand for? What does the Electronic Arm Guards Limit Switch on the frame do? I have downloaded all the manuals but at a lost right now. Thanks in advanced for your help.

Replies0

No replies yet.