Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG 2036 with memory problems?

PyroJim ยท 2024-09-19 13:41

I have JLG 2036 Scissor lift with a CPU issue of some sort. When we power it up, there are no error codes. It looks to be just fine. But it's not. Nothing works. The multi-display powers up with no error codes and says that the battery is full. But none of the control function. Nothing. Not even the horn. When we connect the diagnotic tool, it says Mode=Off. This should either say "Platform" or "Ground" , but not "Off". The Mode is an idnication of what position the key on the ground station is selected to. It doesn't matter wether we put in in Ground or Platform mode, the diagnostic tool still reads "off". Yes, the switch was tested and works fine. So, here's the wierd part: When I take the diagnostic tool to access level 1, and select the system setup choice, as soon as I get into the Model # choice, the unit comes alive. Works great. It will continue to work great until I E-Stop it or turn the mode key off. Then, I have to start all over again. Hook up the diagnostic tool, go to level one,..etc. It seems like the easy fix would be to just replace the circuit board, but I'm wondering if anyone has ever experienced this issue. If I was to bet, I'd say that whatever is holding the memory (a super cap or a small battery) has failed, but I'm not sure since I do not have a schematic of the printed circuit board, and the service manual schematics do not go into the PCB schematic. Anyone ever see this? Thanks in advance.

Replies0

No replies yet.