My high engine & high wheel speeds quit working on my 34 HA JLG. Anyone have any idea what the problem is ? Also seems the drive speed is extra slow. Thanks, Crist
Open the lower control box and disconnect the wire from either side of terminal #43 at terminal strip and see if high engine and high wheel speed now works.
I disconnected # 43 wires @ the terminal box however still no high speed or high engine. Than I got to checking and noticed the tip off the safety switch on the boom was broken off. I than reconnected the wires and clamped the switch and the high wheel & engine both worked. Thanks so much for the help anyway!
Ok, that's where I was headed but I had the connection backwards in my head, but you got the result I was looking for, had a feeling it might be that switch on the boom. As it turns out, I should have told you to connect a ground wire to terminal 43 and that would have made your high drive and high engine work, confirming problem with switch. Now that you know the switch is messed up, you need to repair/replace it as soon as possible. The main function of that switch is to prevent the machine from going into high drive when the boom is elevated which can be extremely dangerous.
Wow, I have learn so much! Thanks for all ur help. Yes the lift is fixed and safe.