Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jlg 35 e boomlift… only one tire spins?

bpu699 · 2025-08-08 14:00

Parked the boom lift in the grass… rained. Big mistake. Tried to move it but only one drive wheel spun. The other one tried to spin, shuddered, and that was it. If I did it ten times in a row sometimes the other wheel did start spinning. Oddly, driving in the other direction, both drive wheels spun… Dug myself into a hole, needed to get a tow truck to pull me out… lifted the drive end off the ground, and pulled the drive joystick. Now the other wheel, the one that previously wasn’t spinning… spun. And the previously good wheel, shuddered… and now, in the opposite drive direction, only one wheel spun… Really really odd… if it were a motor issue, I would expect the same side to be working oddly, not either side. on level ground, this thing works fine. Hard dirt, asphalt, etc…. Not sure if one of both drive motors are working. Any suggested checks? My understanding is that if a motor registered as “bad” the drive controller wouldn’t allow the boom lift to move at all… Is there some kind of safety feature I’m not aware of? I assume both drive wheels should spin when driving, correct? Thanks all…

Replies0

No replies yet.