Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG 40 FR need HELP

jlgnut · 2013-10-13 19:56

Hi newbie here looking for help on a JLG 40 FR I have no power to hi drive tested high drive solenoid valve and it works in the middle of tracing wires and it looks like two wires go to an ice cube relay not sure what is all involved in the high drive circuit. Any thought s would be helpful TY

Replies11
  1. #1willie592013-10-13 21:35

    Welcome to HEF jlgnut. :drinkup Does engine throttle not work as well?

  2. #2jlgnut2013-10-13 22:14

    no engine throttle does not work it pops the breaker if I reset breaker and try to operate it from basket it wont do anything until I hit the telescopic switch and then it pops the breaker

  3. #3willie592013-10-13 22:25

    Wow, sounds like you have some electrical issues to sort out. It's going to difficult for us to help with specific things until you get such electrical problems in order. Anyhow, back to the hi drive, electrical problems notwithstanding, don't activate hi engine, connect a ground (earth) wire to terminal 31 at lower control box and see if hi drive now works.

  4. #4jlgnut2013-10-15 19:04

    ran wire terminal 31 and grounded it and it did not change anything. I noticed that the foot switch in the basket is sticking on once in awhile, I don't know if it has anything to do with it. Going to take foot switch apart and check micro switches. Is there any possibility for any wiring diagrams for the FR40 Greatly appreciate any help

  5. #5willie592013-10-15 20:40

    I've got info on the JLG 40F, I don't know how closely related the 40FR is, maybe they're entirely similar and you can glean some information from it. I'm going to send you a private message, put your email address in the private message reply back to me and I'll email you some info.

  6. #6willie592013-10-16 20:11

    I sent some files via email. Again, I'm not familiar with the 40FR, was curious if they use either the Bertea or the Racine hydraulic control valves. If you can determine what type of proportional control valves it uses, I have some better electrical diagrams for the Bertea or the Racine valve wiring. Let me know.

  7. #7jlgnut2013-10-18 20:33

    Thanks for all the information it will take me awhile to review all the wiring diagrams and the a valves on the 40fr are Racine valves if you have any other information on them it would be appreciated. It might be awhile before I can work on it again I have to do a roof job. I will try to post some picks of the 40fr and the 40 g and the 80 footer which is unknown model. can't find serial number on that one.

  8. #8willie592013-10-18 20:54

    I have the wiring diagrams on PDF files, I'll send them to ya.

  9. #9lbennetch2015-06-27 08:46

    Can you send me wiring diagrams also? I have a 40fr too that needs help.

  10. #10Notjunkyet2022-03-07 23:19

    Willie59, do you still have info on a JLG 40 FR? I don’t even know what the fr stands for, but I’m about to buy one pretty cheap that’s been sitting for years. I’ve got the engine to run, but nothing electrical or hydraulic seems to work yet.

  11. #11Notjunkyet2022-03-07 23:33

    Any info on the hydraulic schematic/piping/flow would help also. Getting it loaded on the trailer is going to be interesting. But getting to my shop will make working on it so much easier.