Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG 40H Starting issues Ford Dual fuel

GTRClive ยท 2017-11-30 07:31

Well first issue I have is getting the old girl running. After spending some time on it today seems the Petrol system and maybe the LPG system have issues. Have ordered a fuel pump for petrol system and a filter etc as it was dry at the carb. But the LPG system I know nothing about, it does seem to be supplying gas but I'm not sure if its enough. Initially I thought it might be an ignition problem as the muppets that looked at it last have changed all the plugs but all 4 plugs are sparking up, will check the timing once I can find my Strobe light, but for now it starts ish but sounds like it only want to run on 2 cyclinders and only if you hold the throttle back to just off tickover..... Anybody have experience with the LPG side ??

Replies1
  1. #1GTRClive2017-12-13 16:07

    Well thanks to some one on here that suggested I look at the cam Timing, you where right sir it was 90 Degrees out..... new belt and tension from a 98-01 Ford Ranger 2.5 and it started right up....... Thanks again guys !!!