Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG-40HA lift

Roy550 ยท 2015-11-13 13:43

im trying to figure this lift out. Acts like the Joy Stick isn't telling it what you want. Sometimes it works in either drive position, sometimes it acts like its not getting power to forward/reverse direction. I pulled the dash apart in the man basket, there is a #6 on the wire buss bar, has a wire with looks like a fusible link inline, goes over by the bottom of the Joy Stick then is just laying there. I don't see anywhere it goes or fell out of. After I put top cover of dash back on, Joy Stick only works in either direction with the foot throttle control mashed. I'm wondering now if its electrical or this wire in #6 bar has something to do with its original problem. Oh, also with the Joy Stick in neutral position, you step on foot throttle & it takes off in forward.

Replies1
  1. #1willie592015-11-13 22:23

    Welcome to HEF Roy550. :drinkup I need more info about your machine. The 40HA used PQ controllers for the drive controls at the platform, what I need to know is if your machine has PQ controllers for the boom and swing functions? Or does it only have the PQ controller for the drive function and the boom functions are controlled by toggle switches? JLG also made machines with hydraulic lever controls at platform with a PQ controller for the drive. I need to know what configuration your machine has?