Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

jlg 40ha platform controls problem

ToddOwen ยท 2015-06-07 23:38

with foot switch depressed I only get steering and drive control but the engine does not increase rpms. I can hear a clicking noise in the control panel on the platform every time I try the foot switch. If I repeatedly pressed and released the foot pedal I used to eventually be able to get everything working properly, but that no longer works. Did my foot switch go bad or is it a switch or relay in the control panel failing, or something else. Anyone have this problem and solved it? Any ideas?

Replies1
  1. #1VoodooMojo2015-06-07 23:57

    it sounds as though one of the two micro-switches inside the footswitch is hanging up. One switch manipulates the B minus and the other the B plus. if one hangs up there will be a direct short and the circuit breaker will trip....check this out first...