Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG 450 Platform tilt problem. Need Help.

Etowah ยท 2015-08-15 22:48

The platform will tilt down but not up from both stations. The strange thing is both switches seem "reversed". The platform tilts down when the switch is flipped "UP" on both stations. I checked both switches and they seem OK. When the tilt switch is moved "down"on both stations the engine speed ramps up but there is no movement of the platform. There is no error code from the ground station but the platform flashes code 3-4. The connectors don't appear corroded and the wires are not spliced. Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies3
  1. #1willie592015-08-15 23:35

    Welcome to HEF Etowah, interesting choice of member name. :drinkup You first need to locate the coils that control tilt up and down on the main control valve, test to see if they're getting 12V power when you flip the toggle switch. If they're getting power correctly, you might have a faulty coil or a fault with the control spool, but first test to see if the two functions, up/dwn, is getting power correctly at the main control valve.

  2. #2Etowah2015-08-16 17:55

    Thanks willie59 for pointing me in the right direction. As I started inspecting the coils I noticed they had a fresh coat of dielectric grease on the terminals. I had a hunch the coils were simply reversed..... bingo. Problem solved. Your advice on where to start saved me a lot of troubleshooting. Thanks again !!!

  3. #3willie592015-08-16 18:23

    Glad to help. :drinkup