Hi my name is Remy and I have a JLG 450A model 1997 lately we been having problems like some times does not swing and the arm wont lift some times.please some advice with this problems.thank you
Welcome to the forum inandoutproject. :usa I'm just guessing that if your machine is a '97 model, it's just a 450A and not a 450A series II, correct? We need all the info you can offer as to what your machine is doing. Your saying you have a problem with boom and swing controls at the platform. That would be at platform only? All things work proper from ground controls? Does it have a problem with boom not working at all, or just working slowly? Does it affect both directions, or just one direction, such as up or down? Same with swing, exactly what is it doing or not doing. Is there anything you do that suddenly makes it start working again. These machines have complex, yet simple electrical systems, the more info and detail you can offer makes helps to determine what might be your problem.
thanks for your time and that is true is a 450A this situation happen from platform only everything else works good. when trying to swing for any direction is very difficult and I just move the platform down/up or to the sides and sometimes it work suddenly other times the boom dosen't go down until I move platform or also sometimes I move many times control knob on the left hand that let boom swing.and the other detail that i found is not moving backward only forward.couple months ago I put a new control knob the one you grab wiht your right hand in the platform to operate machine forward and backward.thanks again for your help.atte Remy
Wait a minute, are you saying your having a problem with the drive contoller as well as the up/dwn - swing controller? And the drive has a problem working in one direction only, works fine in opposite direction? And that you have recently replaced drive controller? Did drive still have problem after replacement?
yes,your are right I replced the drive controller everything was working fine(front and back) until boom stared with this simptoms(not going down and hard time to swing it look like something affect the backward drive control but stiil when moving platform up and down or sides it drives backward and after moving a lot the swing knob the boom suddenly works and when it does the movement is little fast.thanks
Well, you have far too many issues going on all at the same time. Not unusual for a controller or circuit card for a controller to go bad at any time, but three different controllers on three independent circuits acting up at the same time, that's unusual. I don't think it's a power supply problem because you haven't mentioned a problem with telescope or other functions, and boom lift/swing and drive share the same power supply as telescope functions. In your case I strongly suggest you get a qualified JLG tech to check out the problems your machine has at the moment, just too many things wrong. A few things you can check though, I see your in the Miami area. Is the upper control box sealed well? Or is there big open holes in it? Salt water air can play havoc on components in that control box. Inspect your joystick control components, make sure that the gears and cranks operate the micro switches and potentiometers properly. Lastly, look very closely at the main control cable that goes from platform to lower controls, check for damage or cracks in cable insulator jacket that might indicate damage to wire strands. I know this isn't specific information that will help you out, but you have far too many issues happening for me to pinpoint what your trouble is.
I wiil get a tech to ckeck it out. thank you for your advices and I get back to you later to let you know what was the problem.later
I know this is an old thread but I am experiencing intermittent swing / lift control from the basket. It seems like I have to press the foot pedal several times and actuate the lift lever several times before it works. It’s very random and sometimes works fine. Recently replaced all the relays and foot pedal so confident it’s not that. The switches test good so I am curious if the potentiometers could be worn and if that’s a common issue? Much cheaper to replace those pots than the complete controller.