Hi all, Another problem with the lift. Will start and run a very short time and die. I have checked the pulsing ground at the coils which it does have but when you first start to crank the engine the pulsing ground is not there for a short amount of time and then returns. Is this normal to have the delay of the pulsing ground? Is there a way to check the ignition trigger? This is the 3 cylinder gas/lp model. When it is running and dies it is sudden which makes me think it is not fuel related. Would an ignition module or ignition trigger fail this way? I will restart after a little and die all over again.
Up date. I guess this has been the odd chance that I would have a problem with both fuel systems at the same time. I had been running the lift on LP because of hiccups I was having on the gas side, (which I guess was the pump failing) when it stopped running on the LP. Not considering that both fuel systems would be a problem at the same time I started looking at ignition. I ended up using an old timing light and it seemed to be operating correctly. This lead me to fuel. I hooked up a temporary fuel tank and gravity fed the carb and the engine runs. While running I put the fuel line from the on board tank into a gas can and barely had any gas flow at all. Still have power to the fuel pump so I replaced the fuel pump with an after market pump from Autozone. I still have power to the LP solenoid valve but it will not run on LP. I guess I will have to figure that one out as well. Hope this will help someone else in the future.