Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG 45IC with a few problems

scott8188 ยท 2015-04-08 11:04

I am new to the whole JLG troubleshooting so bare with me for some of these issues. First off I have a couple of different issues, 1- when horsepower card is installed jlg doesn't want to move but at a snails pace 2- when I start the machine from the ground controls it is very slow to start (starter is slow), but from the platform it spins up nice and fast. 3- the swing control seems to not adjust while below the horizon, and it swings too fast. Any help would be greatly appreciated. FYI- I took on this project at a campground that I live at where many people have tried to fix the varying issues, so far I replaced the big wire harness from the platform to the ground control (someone had previously tried to do a repair on the cable so I just replaced the whole harness) and I replaced the 4 wire harness that provides power to the platform. I think that one or both of the drive control/ flow control cards are bad. At the present time I swappedthe wire connectors to the drive cards and that gave me the ability to control the speed of the swing when above the horizon. Which is great! However I would like to be able to control it when below the horizon. Thanks!! Scott

Replies1
  1. #1scott81882015-04-08 11:06

    The most important to fix at the moment is the swing control but if someone can help with any of the others that would be great also. FYI it is a 1997 45IC