First off I should probably say hi, as I've trolled these forums for a while and never had much for questions to ask until now... So we purchased a 2005 JLG 600S from the states, and had it shipped up here only to find out that indeed it probably had the low hours as advertised although it must have been used extensively for sand or soda blasting. As it turns out this unit would not pass its structural (NDT) testing. Basically the man-basket needs replacing as well as the main (lower) boom. The mid-boom needs to be blasted to stop corrosion and re-painted. Now the place we bought the unit from so far seems like they are going to work with us on these problems and will try to rectify everything. However I was curious if anyone knew any place that sold used boom sections for aerial lifts. So far I've been able to find the man-basket easily online but the boom sections are not so easy. So if anyone has any information that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Eldubya, I have no clue where a person could find good used sections for your machine, but try and call Eric at Best Line Equipment in Shippensburg PA. He's been working with JLG parts for years and if used ones were available he might know where to find them.
probably be best to have a certified boom repair build you a new one using your existing boom as a pattern
I think i know where there is a whole boom assembly. What would you be willing to pay though? Do you mind saying where you picked this machine up at?
I have a used boom for a 600S in my yard. I have a whole array of used machinery parts in stock in my yard. Please feel free to give me a call @267-580-5623 for pricing and availability. Thank you!