Blew a gasket on the engine on my lift a while back. Had the engine rebuilt. Installed the 'new' engine. It idles like a top! Except it doesn't rev up when placed under load. The load tries to kill the engine since it doesn't speed up to meet hydraulic requirements. Any ideas?
You don't say which engine you have, according to the manual I looked at the Ford gas has a "precision governor controller" and the Deutz has an Adeco actuator. Can you rev the engine up by hand? is the linkage/cable correctly installed? http://www.hawaiianrailway.org/maintenance/60HAmaint.pdf
I have the Deutz engine. The engine will rev manually. I am pretty sure the linkage is installed properly.
Then the problem is either in the actuator or the electrics that power it. Try to follow that troubleshooting list, see if you can identify the problem.
On the 60HA with a Deutz diesel, it doesn't rev up when using boom functions, it only revs up when you select hi throttle when you're driving the machine, and that with the boom fully retracted and horizontal. The low (idle) rpm should be 2000 rpm, and the high (drive) rpm should be 3000 rpm, both controlled by the Adeco throttle controller. If you do in fact have the low (idle) rpm set at 2000 rpm and it tries to stall engine when working boom functions, you either have something putting too much load on the engine or the injection pump governor is messed up. The governor in the injection pump should work to maintain 2000 rpm when applying load to the engine.
Well,see, there I go blathering on about things I know nothing about, lol. Thanks Willie, i learn something new here every day :notworthy
No worries lantraxco. That's the way JLG set up most of those machines that used the Deutz diesel, including machines like the 80HX, 100/110/120HX, pretty much all of the H series JLG machines. :drinkup
Not worried, lol... that's what HEF is all about, the widely varied experience gleaned from hundreds or thousands of man-years spread across the globe. I just need to learn to shut up now and then! There's a reason I stick to Morooka stuff mostly, it's such a small pool it's not hard to be a know-it-all
Umm, no, we don't need you to shut up.