Hello. I’ve got a skytrak 8042 in the shop. It’s got two steering modes locking up. Front and Four wheel steering locks up clockwise/counter clockwise. All other functions working correctly. Main pump 3000psi secondary manifold replaced/steer select replaced by another company. Does this sound like an electrical issue at a solenoid? Crossed hydraulic lines? Possible check valve? Thanks guys.
If you have had the selector valve replaced it sounds like you may have crossed lines. Take the lines loose on both ends and see if the problem goes away. Does it have double ended cylinders or 4 individual cylinders? In either case taking lines loose will help diagnose the issue. Make sure the lines are plumbed up properly on the selector valve first.make sure no lines have been crossed on the orbital steering valve also.
Thanks Tractormech. As soon as I have access to the machine. Plumbing circuit is where I’ll start. New "Parker” selector valve.
Problem resolved: new selector valve pulled off (truck with issue) installed into (good truck) problem followed. Thanks so much.
glad you found the issue