Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG 943-A Telehandler Falling on its face

37train5k ยท 2017-12-26 11:49

I have a JLG 943-A and when I shift it into second gear, the thing falls on its face and does not want to move. It moves fine in first gear, but shift into second and it just slows to a crawl and eventually stops. Im at a loss here.. Anyone know where to start looking?

Replies3
  1. #1DARO2017-12-26 12:51

    Is the brake stuck on a little bit? It should free roll on a slope. Or is the engine loseing power. Blowing black smoke? Missing?

  2. #2timstar22018-01-13 00:14

    I believe those have solonoids for each gear on the transmission maybe check the valves & coils on the manifold check the wiring. How many hours on the machine

  3. #3icestationzebra2018-01-14 23:04

    Not familiar with the machine, but wondering if two gears are engaged at the same time. Does it do the same thing in 2nd reverse? ISZ