Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG/ Ford LRG425 engine wiring diagram

excavator ยท 2021-02-17 22:23

I went out and looked at a JLG 40H with an LRG425 Ford in it that has no spark. It was running fine when the starter was changed and now will not run. I have several of the LRG425 DIS manuals but this one has had the 1U1L-12A297-DA ignition control module update kit installed , (new ICM, MAP sensor and harness) I'm looking for a wiring diagram/troubleshooting guide to match the kit, not sure there was one printed but thought I'd ask. And yes, I did check to make sure all the wires were properly connected at the starter.

Replies1
  1. #1Txhayseed2021-02-19 22:35

    So it ran, starter failure, replaced starter and now no spark ? That's odd. Didn't pinch a wire between the starter and mount during the install or forget to reconnect the battery ground cable to the block or starter mounting bolt ? As far as a manual goes you might have to reach out to a ford industrial dealer like powertech engines.