Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG lifts

barnbuilder · 2021-01-10 11:53

Looking at a couple used JLG scissor lifts. Like new. A 3394RT and a 330LRT. I guess the 330 is just the newer model. Any comments about these? Anything to stay away from? I'm in NC and the lifts are on west coast so I can only look at pictures. And I'll have to hire out shipping. Thanks

Replies15
  1. #1Steve Frazier2021-01-10 22:05

    I've only rented J:LG equipment, haven't had one long term. They seem to be very well built machines. I have rented the articulated boom lift and the scissors lift. We're looking to purchase a used articulated boom lift now ourselves.

  2. #2willie592021-01-10 22:50

    JLG is my first choice in aerial lifts, they were the original, John L Grove gave birth to the industry. Very well built product, built in McConnellsburg PA with parts and service support from pretty much any rental house in the USA. JLG would be my first choice, Genie a close second.

  3. #392U 34062021-01-10 23:25

    I'm more partial to JLG when it comes to AWP. Genie makes a solid product as well but I find them to be a little more tempermental.

  4. #4southernman132021-01-11 02:31

    Genie booms and jlg scissors! Skyjack makes very good equipment as well

  5. #5barnbuilder2021-01-26 17:57

    Well I won the auction. Waiting on money transfer to clear so I can pay for it. Just need to get it shipped cross country. Put a dent in my excavator fund.

  6. #6Steve Frazier2021-01-26 20:49

    The way rates are today that could cost as much as the machine!!

  7. #7Jeff148892021-01-27 09:42

    If you’re going to repair them yourself get a jlg handset they’re $250 and a must have tool for diagnostics and calibrating the machines.

  8. #8barnbuilder2021-02-11 07:19

    It was delivered last Friday. Looks almost new except for faded paint.

  9. #9southernman132021-02-11 08:56

    Nice. Those are very good machines!!

  10. #10barnbuilder2021-02-24 18:17

    So looks like I'm having my first issue. The auto leveling isn't working. Sometimes the side to side works but the rear always max's out. But the lift will still raise.

  11. #11MarshallPowerGen2021-02-25 09:04

    Check the limit switches in your outriggers. Pull the covers and see how they operate while levelling. One might have just got out of adjustment, broken or failed.

  12. #12barnbuilder2021-05-03 21:54

    I purchased an analyzer but it doesn't show any codes. The left front outrigger goes around 500psi, rf to 750, lr 2100, rr 2200. I removed covers around the outriggers and only thing I saw was the switch to show when it's retracted. The rear outriggers consistently go to max extention.

  13. #13barnbuilder2021-05-10 20:46

    Finally figured out how to calibrate the autolevel. Seems to be working well.

  14. #14barnbuilder2021-05-13 10:47

    Well was using it around house and coolant started pouring out engine compartment. I guess it's the water pump. Coolant looks black.

  15. #15barnbuilder2021-05-13 10:52