Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG N35 very slow forward/reverse

fruitportcat ยท 2017-07-20 11:32

Hello, new to the forum.-----My boss recently purchase by auction a used JLG B35 lift. We did not see this unit perform b4 purchase. When it arrived batteries were dead, installed 6 new batteries and started to test. Forward and reverse or very slow-the manual says it will go 2.5 mph, probably can only get .5 if that, also is very weak, will hardly go over a bump. Do have manual but not very helpfull in trouble shooting. Checked voltage to contactors in motor area, getting 48 v to and across contactors. But motor supply voltage out of controller is only 3-4 volts at motor terminals. There is no led malfunction lights lit not is the single "ok" light lit. Sounds like a bad controller but would like some advice.--Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1laycobeau2017-07-20 17:49

    what's feeds the controller a joy stick? brand and part # on control and maybe I can help

  2. #2fruitportcat2017-07-21 10:31

    Yes it has a joystick-forward & reverse on joystick and a 2 way steering switch. The controller is a JLG au1830n. But in my search I just found the tilt indicator bulb burnt out-replace bulb and the indicator is on. Tried to test tilt switch-3 wire bubble level type- but is different than the ones on our Economy scissor lifts that I am used to. Any Ideas on how the tilt switch works and or can be tested. I am waiting on the actual service manual to arrive that was ordered, all I have now is just a operators/parts manual.

  3. #3laycobeau2017-07-21 11:31

    Not sure but most JLG wire 27 is + 24 is ground an wire 5 is voltage out 0 volts when level goes to tilt relay

  4. #4southernman132017-07-26 03:15

    Sounds like it's in creep. Are the book sections out of time? Or u may have a stuck limit switch