Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG N40E, 5 flashes on controller

sparkywannabee ยท 2014-10-29 22:19

It says motor neither high nor low(open circuit), could someone please shed some light on this. When I was first called to look at this, they said lift and drive would just stop working for a while and than start working again after a random amt of time. You could hear the solenoids clicking but nothing except basket rotation would work. I thought it might be main contactor, hyd pump not kicking in. Looked in bad shape and fell apart when i removed it, but that was not it. Lift is '99, been used quite a bit, I installed a new controller, did not help. It will work for a while, than just quit, does not matter if ground control or basket is used. Flash 5 times, I thought it might be 6 but this one guy was positive it was 5. Than it starts working again. Basket rotation always works, cant be sure about the steer wheels, one time I think they did move while faulted, will find out for sure tomorrow. Out of the 8 batteries one is newer and it always seems wet on top, swollen on the top on one end. Would a bad cell in the battery circuit show as open circuit. Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Replies1
  1. #1Ericw112017-11-03 12:05

    Did you ever find out what you were looking for? I have the same problem on JLG 40 electric and have no idea how to proceed.