Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

jlg skytrak 6036 steering freezes

sunsetvalley ยท 2016-01-10 15:35

It's winter and every morning it takes 2 hours for my lift to warm up enough I can steer. Any tips or y tricks would be greatly appreciated. Is only happens in the mornings around 32 degrees or lower and if the day doesn't get above freezing the lift won't work. First post first thread nice to meet you guys

Replies4
  1. #1grandkobelco2016-01-11 06:21

    Do all the hydraulic functions quit working or just the steering? How about the fork tilt, frame tilt? Is your hyd oil clear? What's your serial#?

  2. #2sunsetvalley2016-01-11 08:00

    All the other functions work they ate sluggish though. I don't have the serial number handy I'll try and remember to get it at work today

  3. #3mikebramel2016-01-11 12:19

    What is the viscosity of the oil

  4. #4TriStarAerial2016-01-19 17:03

    What mike said. Oil weight matters a lot when it comes to cold weather. A block heater wouldn't be a bad investment either. This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 26 seconds.