Hello, I have a dual fuel machine that has some issues. When running on propane, when shutting down, by opening the guarded switch, turning off the key, and going to the middle position on both the platform/ground switch, and the propane/gasoline selector switch, --- the machine seems to continue running until the propane is used up and fuel starvation occurs. This isn't really that big of a deal on an old machine but I would like to troubleshoot this and track down the malfunction. Also, this machine has alway had a quirk. When running on gasoline, if propane was selected, the engine ran rough, and really wasn't useable. What I mean is if gasoline was in the tank, it wouldn't run right on propane. If the gasoline tank ran dry, with no gasoline, it ran fine on propane. This might be related to the shutdown issue. Any hints on where to start on this troubleshoot is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Check your propane and gasoline lock off valves, item #10 is propane lock off, item #51 is gasoline lock off. Also check condition of vacuum switch #20 and connection of vacuum lines. After you've checked condition of these components, get out a test light and start doing some testing using this diagram.
Thanks for the non-non_answer. This will get me started.
Huh??? What's "non-non_answer"? :beatsme
It's a good answer, I said thanks. It's not a non-answer. I get a little tired of people who give discouraging comments or who take the time to make a comment but really don't give an answer. For instance, someone who says you shouldn't try to change your own oil, that an 'expert' is required. I think there are professional de-moralizers afoot on the internet, if not the world itself. And they should be confronted and shut down, if not more. Thanks for your knowledge. It will get me started.
Ok, I get it now, just haven't seen that before, kind of confused me.
Double negatives are always confusing.... :wink2
Gotta admit...baffled the hell outa me Steve. :tong