2001 JLG600AJ LRG425 EFI with no start - no fuel pressure at rail - pump runs for 2 seconds and then power shuts off to pump - but timing light shows spark when cranking so the crankshaft position sensor is working. No codes - just the 123 code. Before no start, engine became hard starting, would start but then belched blacksmoke and did not run on all cylinders but then would eventually clear up and run fine. If restarted would restart and run fine. If left sit, would be hard starting, and now, no start. Fuel pump does pump fuel and fuel does return to tank for 2 seconds so thinking fuel pump and relay should be good. Replaced main three connector fuel pressure regulator, but now thinking maybe fuel pump is somehow bad or something else (maybe timing belt slipped) Thanks in advance for any ideas!
I am having a similar issue with a GSG-423. After a few seconds, the ECU/GCP is opening the ground on the coil sides of both the fuel pump and the power relays, so I not even getting spark. I had to ground the RS 232-(wire coming out of pin 3 of the ford 42 pin connector), to get the codes, in my case 685 and 686. After following the troubleshooting steps in the GCP-Diagnostic-Manual, I am fairly sure I have a bad ECU/GCP.
Where does one get another ECU? My local junkyard has many 2.5 Ranger ECUs but the main connector is different. What is a GCP diagnostic manual? I have the EFI diagnostic one from the web, and the main one: https://csapps.jlg.com/OnlineManuals/Manuals/Supplement%20Manuals/Engine%20manuals/Ford/Ford_LRG-425%20Industrial%20Service_3120057_11-2000_English.pdf https://csapps.jlg.com/OnlineManuals/Manuals/Supplement%20Manuals/Engine%20manuals/Ford/Ford%20LRG-425%20EFI%20Diagnostic_3124114_01-01-98_English.pdf
I spoke with Engine Distributors Inc. today and they said they had a few, but they were hold holding them (I assume for possible warranty reasons), and that I would have to speak with the boss if I wanted one. They did give me a price, $2044.
this is the GCP Diagnostic manual. https://www.editechinfo.com/_files/ugd/92ab5b_b4713a823ad440dfbbff209290fc4aa9.pdf
My ECU is p/n 5050011,
What is this software?