Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jobs in mining industry

grizzlycan2011 · 2015-01-12 15:15

I've been searching for an equipment operator job for a while and thought I'd add mining to the list as well. I live in NW Louisiana and the only mines around I know of is the sabine coal miñe ran by North American Coal. Does anyone know of any other mines that I could apply to? Anyone have any suggestions on getting a career in the mining industry? I've also thought about mining in Alaska. Are there any companies that offer a 2on/2off schedule? Thanks for any help and job leads you can offer.

Replies2
  1. #1blitz1382015-01-13 11:59

    Mining is suffering through a down market right now, gold, copper, coal, of course you can usually find work if your looking. The mining industry has some major geographic areas, coal is all over but Gillette Wy supplies over 50% of USA coal, Arizona- copper, Nevada - Gold. For qualified people there is fly in fly out jobs that pay great with differing schedules. Whats your background?

  2. #2grizzlycan20112015-01-14 23:26

    Well I have no experience and that's a huge problem. I'm trying to figure out how I get my foot in the door in the mining industry.